Sending Part Drawings:
DXF file tips:
- Only include the part geometry that will be waterjet cut (perimeter and through holes/cut-outs), no dimensions, notes etc. needed.
- Add a 1″ x 1″ square with an “X” in it near the part geometry, this is used to check scaling.
- Double check for broken or overlapping geometry.
NOTE: If your part will require additional machining or forming other than just waterjet cutting, include a PDF file of the dimensioned part drawing.
PDF file tips:
- Generate a PDF file of your part drawing from your CAD software.
- Standard 3 view shop drawing, which can be printed out on our end.
- The drawing would have all the needed dimensions (in inches), tolerances, and notes to make the part from.
E-mail, Fax, or send Drawings/Sketches. An actual part could be shipped to us.
NOTE: These methods may incur additional engineering charges to generate the DXF geometry.